Food manufacturer Bakkavor is to close its pasta production site at Scunthorpe. The plant will close on May 30.The decision comes after a 90-day consultation period, and affects 107 staff. A spokesman for the company said “the business is fully committed to doing everything possible to minimise its impact. “Bakkavor is working closely with the affected employees, focusing on finding them alternative roles at its other sites or with other employers in the region”.Bakkavor is an international food manufacturing company, which makes food for both hot and cold consumption, including pizza and speciality breads. Last month, it bought Italian pizza company Italpizza.
Following its success in 2009, British Baker is pleased to announce the official launch of National Craft Bakers’ Week 2010, which will run from 7-12 June.The event is the perfect opportunity to raise the profile of independent craft bakeries and, as a result, bring in more customers and grow sales.A national media campaign is to launch soon, and bakers are encouraged to plan early for the event, which aims to be bigger and better than last year, when it gained TV, radio and newspaper coverage across the nation.Any dedicated activities for the week, from special promotions or products to school visits and demonstrations, are a great way to promote how important your business is in your local community.National Association of Master Bakers (NAMB) chairman Mike Holling said one of the most important aims of the week was to get craft bakers to promote their products and skills within their local communities. “It’s important for bakers to build their customer base, by doing things such as school visits. It’s not just about the customers of today, but also the customers of tomorrow.”Neil MacSymons, president of the NAMB, said he hoped even more bakers would take part in the event this year.The week will include the launch of a national colouring-in competition. There will be two age categories: 4-7 year-olds and 8-11 year-olds. An official entry form for the competition will be included in the PR toolkit, which will be sent to all BB subscribers, in addition to an A2 poster and a window sticker. A ready-made image will be provided for the 4-7 age group, and a description will be given for the 8-11 years group on what to draw and colour in. Bakers can award their own local prizes, but the top two entries one from each age group will need to be sent to the NAMB who will judge the overall winners.The 2010 event is sponsored by the NAMB, the SAMB, British Baker, California Raisins, CSM UK, Bako, Bakels, BFP Whole-sale, Macphie, Marriage’s, Pura-tos and The Reynard Group.
South African actor Joe Mafela’s contribution to the arts has effectively improved the country’s image says Brand South Africa. (Youtube: Expresso Show)Johannesburg, Wednesday 22 March 2017 – “Joe Mafela will always be remembered as a legendary actor, songwriter, and producer who made momentous contributions to the nations arts and culture sector, and thereby effectively improving a country’s image,” said Brand South Africa’s CEO, Dr Kingsley Makhubela on the passing of Mafela.Renowned actor Joe Mafela died in a car accident on Saturday night. The death of the beloved entertainer in a car crash on Saturday night has continued to prompt great reaction from the nation.Born in 1942 in Sibasa, Limpopo Province Mafela made his acting debut in 1964, when he starred in the feature film “Real News” directed by Peter Hunt, but he is well known for playing the role of Sdumo on SABC 1’s Sgudi ‘Snaysi.Popularly known for his acting and comedy – Mafela has been in the South African entertainment industry for over 50 years. In 1974 Mafela co-starred in South Africa’s first black feature film, “Udeliwe”.With the advent of television in South Africa in 1976, Mafela worked almost continuously in that medium, and 1986 he was cast as the unemployed lodger S’dumo in the Zulu language comedy series ‘Sgudi ‘Snaysi. The success of ‘Sgudi ‘Snaysi (“Is Good, Is Nice”) – which ran to 78 episodes on SABC – led to roles in other series, often produced by Mafela’s own production company Penguin Films.Mafela’s career in the entertainment industry included the release of his debut music album Shebeleza Fela in 1996 with the popular hit “Shebeleza (Congo Mama)”, which became the theme song during the Africa Cup of Nations in 1996.Dr Makhubela concluded: “His presence in the entertainment industry will be sorely missed. We express our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of Mr Mafela. We share in your mourning.”
However, Federer wasted two game points in the second game of the second set. Goffin produced a forehand passing shot to take his first break point of the match.“It was a tough game to get broken at 1-0,” Federer said. “I had I think multiple game chances to get out of the game and go 1-1, keep the pressure up. Things really turned around for him at that moment.”The winners flowed from Goffin’s racket, unsettling Federer, who coughed up uncharacteristic errors.Goffin needed just the one break in both the second and third sets and displayed a previously unseen grit to deny Federer his lone break point opportunities in either set.It was testament to the remarkable season Federer has put together that his loss came as such a major surprise.ADVERTISEMENT Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 “It is the best win of my career, for sure,” said Goffin, who lost all six of his previous encounters against Federer.“I started to feel the ball better at the end of the first set, so I wanted to be more aggressive. It paid off. I started to serve well. My forehand was going much better.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutHis opponent on Sunday in the final will be Grigor Dimitrov after the Bulgarian defeated Jack Sock 4-6, 6-0, 6-3.With Federer having lost just four times during a season that saw him claim his 18th and 19th Grand Slam titles at the Australian Open and Wimbledon, it looked ominous for Goffin when the six-time champion broke twice on his way to winning the first set. Read Next Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles04:11Robredo accepts Duterte’s drug czar post appointment04:11Robredo accepts Duterte’s drug czar post appointment01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’ Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion LATEST STORIES David Goffin of Belgium celebrates winning match point against Roger Federer of Switzerland during their ATP World Tour Finals semifinal tennis match at the O2 Arena in London, Saturday Nov. 18, 2017. (AP Photo/Tim Ireland)LONDON — A set up against a man he’d never lost to, Roger Federer looked to be cruising toward a shot at a seventh ATP Finals title. David Goffin had other ideas.The Belgian rallied in the semifinals on Saturday to claim the biggest win of his career and stun the favorite 2-6, 6-3, 6-4.ADVERTISEMENT However, neither the loss to Goffin nor the fact he finishes the year second, behind Nadal in the rankings, will prevent him from being favorite for the Australian Open in January.“It’s been an amazing year for me,” Federer said. “Been so happy that I was playing at this level from the beginning till basically the end, till today.”The match was typical of Goffin’s inconsistent week on his full debut at the tournament, after he played one match as an alternate a year ago.After defeating a wounded Rafael Nadal in his opening match, he was thrashed in just 74 minutes by Dimitrov, and qualified for the semis with a comfortable win over Dominic Thiem.“Both are really special,” said Goffin, after becoming only the sixth man to defeat Nadal and Federer in the same tournament. “It was the first time against Rafa. Then the semifinal for the first time for me here, and to beat Roger for the first time here in such a big event, big tournament, it was the perfect moment.”Dimitrov ensured he’ll end the year at a career-high No. 3 after coming from behind to defeat Sock.Having won his previous two matches for the loss of just four games, Dimitrov’s title credentials were given a far more rigorous examination by the American.Dimitrov is the first debutant to reach the final since David Ferrer in 2007.Goffin will be the underdog again after winning just two games against Dimitrov on Wednesday.“It will be something different hopefully,” said Goffin, who can move to a career-high No. 5 if he claims the title. “I hope to play the tennis I played today. I’ll try to be more aggressive, also go for the shot, and yeah, go for the trophy.” 3-time Olympic champion ‘Pocket Hercules’ dies at 50 CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC View comments Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH MOST READ
uva trick playVirginia is leading No.9 Notre Dame 14-12 late in the second quarter, and the Cavs just took the lead on a beautifully-executed trick play. It began with running back Albert Reid in the Wildcat formation and quarterback Matt Johns lined up as a wide receiver. Reid handed to running back Taquan Mizzell on what looked like a jet sweep, but Mizzell instead pitched back to Johns, who hit a wide-open Keon Johnson for the score.UVA trickeration pic.twitter.com/EITkHAp2mZ— Dan Lyons (@Dan_Lyons76) September 12, 2015Great play. Can the Cavaliers keep the upset bid going?
APTN National NewsThousands of people across Canada spent Valentine’s Day remembering Aboriginal women who have either gone missing or have been murdered.Rallies were held in major centres with families and organizations demanding that police and government do a better job of tackling the problem and taking the issue seriously.APTN National News reporter Donna Smith has this story.
APTN National NewsIn the Northwest Territories half of the residents are Aboriginal and they speak several different languages.But they are in danger of being lost.APTN’s Wayne Rivers explains getting a language down on paper might be key to preserving it for future generations.
Redshirt sophomore wrestler Kollin Moore gets his hand raised after defeating Penn State’s Matt McCutcheon at 197 pounds on Feb. 3, 2017 at the Schottenstein Center. Nicholas McWilliams | Former Sports EditorThe No. 2 Ohio State wrestling team returns three former individual national champions and multiple members of the team that won a national championship in 2015. There are 10 Ohio State wrestlers — one in each of the 10 weight classes — are ranked in the top 12 of FloWrestling’s preseason individual weight class rankings. Given the depth of the roster, it might seem like national championship or bust for the Buckeyes.Head coach Tom Ryan took it one step further. “In March, not only do we want to win, I want to be the best team to ever walk on the mat,” he said. “I want this team to have more points and more champions than any team in the history of the sport.” Ohio State opens the season Saturday with the Princeton Open in Princeton, New Jersey. The open will strictly feature individual-weight brackets in lieu of a team competition. Ohio State opens its dual-meet season at home Sunday against Arizona State. Ryan’s roster is headlined by a trio of seniors looking to become the first four-time All-Americans together in NCAA history. That group features senior heavyweight and Olympic gold medalist Kyle Snyder, redshirt senior and 2015 national champion Nathan Tomasello (125 pounds) and redshirt senior and 2017 Big Ten champion Bo Jordan (174 pounds). For the first couple months of the season, however, the 125-pound class will be anchored by Columbus product and freshman Brakan Mead. He will be stepping in for Tomasello, who sustained a right knee injury while competing internationally last month. It was believed initially that Tomasello would return in January, but the recent prognosis now points toward December, Ryan said. The lineup is supplemented by No. 2 junior Myles Martin (184 pounds), No. 1 redshirt sophomore Kollin Moore (197 pounds) and No. 4 redshirt junior Micah Jordan (157 pounds). Two competitors with NCAA tournament experience — sixth-ranked junior Joey McKenna (141 pounds) and 12th-ranked Te’Shan Campbell (165 pounds) — transferred to Ohio State during the offseason. No. 6 sophomore Luke Pletcher dropped from 141 pounds to wrestle at 133 pounds. Ryan finds it hard to contain his enthusiasm when he looks at his lineup, which he said is likely the most talented in Buckeye history. “Sustained excitement,” Ryan said. “That’s what I think of. I think of just one after the other. They all bring so many unique things to the sport, to wrestling, their styles. They have different styles but they’re all uniquely good. I’m just looking forward to seeing the team compete. I think they feed off each other, they will feed off each other and it’s just going to be an exciting year up and down the lineup.”Though it can sometimes be hard to view the upcoming season as anything other than national championship or bust, Martin said outcomes can often be unpredictable and that only a lack of effort would be considered a failure this season. “If some guys around nationals time get nervous, they like hold back, get a little conservative, I feel like that’s a failure,” Martin said. “Just because all year we focus on putting all we have out there and trying to put the best wrestling and just wrestle through every position and just leaving it all on the mat. If that doesn’t happen up and down the lineup then it’s probably a failure.” Two away dual meets in February loom large. The Buckeyes will travel to meet No. 1 Penn State on Feb. 3 and head to Ann Arbor, Michigan, to take on the No. 4 Wolverines on Feb. 11. Ohio State wrestles in the Schottenstein Center twice this season, once on Jan. 12 against No. 6 Minnesota, then on Jan. 21 against No. 7 Iowa. For now, the Buckeyes are simply just ready to wrestle opponents outside of the Steelwood Training Facility. “It’s been getting chippy in the wrestling room,” Martin said. “A couple of the bigger guys have just been pushing each other. We beat each other up all the time, we fight every day.”
After the fiasco against Atletico Madrid during last week’s Third Division match, Real Madrid has come up with a new plan to protect Vinicius Junior.Last week’s match between Real Madrid Castilla and Atletico Madrid B, was a clear red flag in regards to Brazilian winger Vinicius Junior. The Flamengo product needed to make a great impression on his second match with the academy because he failed to score any goals during the first match, pressure started mounting on him and this was the game in which he needed to make an appearance. The reaction to all the criticism from Vinny was quick, he gave an incredible performance in which he scored two amazing goals and led Real Madrid Castilla to a draw against the young Colchoneros. But there was also a very negative note about his match, it was clear that Vinicius awakened a lot of envy on all of his rivals and they Atletico players dedicated the whole match to provocations against the player and rough tackles. This is something that will become more repetitive on the Third Division for the Brazilian, which is something that manager Julen Lopetegui quickly realized after watching last week’s game.O atirador! Bob lee Swagger ?? pic.twitter.com/iKQ6h9bg6e— Vinicius Jr (@vini11Oficial) September 2, 2018This Wednesday there was an emergency meeting between the boss and Real Madrid Castilla’s coach, Santiago Solari. They spoke about the schedule of games in which Vinicius will feature for the academy, they reached an agreement in which the winger won’t travel to any game away from the Alfredo di Stefano Stadium in Valdebebas for his own protection. Solari completely understood this because Vinicius is a player who is well above the Third Division level, it is only a matter of time before Lopetegui takes him to the major squad on a full-time basis and the Argentine Castilla coach knows that having him in a few games for his squad is already a great luxury that will help his team win more matches. The Real Madrid staff quickly saw the danger that Vinicius would go through if he played in other Third Division stadiums because it’s not the same playing against other academies than against professional clubs that want to obtain promotion.Brinque com ela ⚽️ … pic.twitter.com/cDiaQnILoc— Vinicius Jr (@vini11Oficial) September 5, 2018Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.Vinicius as part of the Champions League squad.The Brazilian winger actually took the whole biting attempt from the Atletico Madrid player very lightly, he even accepted an apology after the game and both players hugged it out. The Flamengo product is cut from the same cloth as Neymar, he knows that fouls are something that will accompany him for the rest of his career because of the style of football he loves playing. These types of players usually get very obsessed with new flicks and tricks during practice that they can later produce in an official match, this creativity is always rewarded and that’s why manager Julen Lopetegui has already included Vinicius Junior amongst the players who form the roster for this year’s Champions League. This will obviously be the player’s first opportunity to compete in such a prestigious tournament, this is the stage for which players like him were made and he has been training his ass off for years in order to get an opportunity like this one.?? ¡El equipo trabaja en #RMCity sin los jugadores convocados por sus selecciones! | #HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/B5k4acO8w7— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadrid) September 3, 2018During the international break, Vinicius Junior is already under Julen Lopetegui’s command and he will keep working hard this next two weeks with the hope of soon getting that first call-up for any La Liga match that will come after the national team matches this weekend. Protecting this €45 million player has suddenly become a top priority for Real Madrid, Lopetegui had his doubts about the kid but this last match against Atletico cleared all of them. There is no question that Vinicius will get his chance to shine this season, it’s up to him to cease the opportunity before management decides to send him on a loan to another club from Madrid where he can grow even more as a player. Sending him to another La Liga club is not actually a bad idea, this is something that is also being discussed for Vinicius’ most immediate future but a decision hasn’t been made yet on this subject. We’ll have to wait and see what happens this season.?¡IMAGEN EXCLUSIVA!? Vinicius y Tachi SE ABRAZARON tras el DERBI entre Real Madrid Castilla y Atleti B. Ahora, con @alexsilvestreSZ en #ElChiringuitoDeMega pic.twitter.com/ba65YWfhSu— El Chiringuito TV (@elchiringuitotv) September 4, 2018What do you think is the best option for Vinicius’ most immediate future, keep playing for Real Madrid Castilla or leave on a loan? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.