Tag «上海419论坛 最新香草»

Gardai warn public over burglar gangs as clocks prepare to go back this week

first_imgGardaí in Donegal have warned the public to be extra vigilant as the clocks prepare to go back on Sunday – a period they say is the most lucrative time of the year for burglar gangs. They said gangs like to take advantage of the extra hour of darkness in which to operate.A spokesperson for Gardaí in the county said: “The clocks go back next weekend and the evenings will be long and dark. There are simple steps we can take to ensure that our homes are not easy prey for a burglar. “Lock all doors and ensure that windows are shut when your home is empty. Consider locking doors when you are at home also as a habit.“Get good lighting for outside your home (The dusk to dawn light is a great security feature as it automatically illuminates as soon as darkness falls and turns off again when it is bright).“Consider getting a monitored alarm for your home. Ensure that you supply your eircode when having it installed as in the event of emergency services having to attend at your home, this will ensure a swift arrival.“Don’t keep large amounts of cash at home. If you have valuable jewellery then please invest in a safe and have it screwed to the floor or wall in a hidden location. Keep all valuables in it especially when leaving your home.“Check in on elderly neighbours over the coming months and advise them in relation to home security. Advertisement “Report any suspicious activity in your area to your local Garda Station.”Gardai warn public over burglar gangs as clocks prepare to go back this week was last modified: October 20th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Peace and calm returns to South Africa

first_img29 April 2015Peace and calm have returned to communities wracked by xenophobic violence in recent weeks, according to Minister in the Presidency Jeff Radebe, who sought to reassure the country and the world following the attacks on foreign nationals.“We want to reassure those who have plans to travel to South Africa that our government is in charge. The violence has stopped. We are now working hard to ensure that nobody within the borders of our country is victimised based on their country of origin,” Radebe said.He was speaking at the first Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) briefing on migration held in Pretoria on 28 April. The IMC was appointed by President Jacob Zuma to deal with the underlying causes of tension between communities and foreign nationals. The briefing was called after the president and various ministers consulted various organisations and sectors representing both South Africans and foreign nationals in the country following the earlier this month.Radebe said the government continued to actively support displaced foreign nationals in the country through provision of food, shelter and other necessities. The Department of Social Development was leading the intervention and psychosocial support had been provided to 812 individuals on site at the shelters.Trauma counselling“We encourage those who require counselling services to call 0800 428 428. The trauma counselling call centre is operational 24 hours a day.“We have so far provided 2 000 mattresses, food, blankets, dignity packs, baby formula and clothing items to displaced persons at the various shelters,” said Radebe, who is the chairperson of the IMC.The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) had set up a help desk to manage any enquiries and complaints from displaced persons at shelters. The social services department had also done an assessment at the temporary shelters in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng to establish the immediate needs of women and children.“Pregnant women and people with disabilities have been transferred to secure shelters. Retired social workers were also deployed to the temporary shelters to strengthen the psychosocial services.”Reintegration of displaced peopleRadebe said reports that some foreign nationals had begun to return to their communities were encouraging. “As the situation continues to stabilise, we call on foreign nationals who are still in shelters to work with the Department of Co- operative Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta) and Community Safety to ensure a smooth reintegration process.”The IMC urged communities to open their arms to returning foreign nationals and to assist in their reintegration. Radebe said the return of displaced persons to their communities resulted in the official closure of Elsburg Shelter on 23 April.“Those who were not yet ready to be reintegrated have been accommodated at the Primrose Shelter.”The Department of Health closely monitored, co-ordinated and delivered health and medical services to foreign nationals in any area needed as well as at the temporary shelters. Services available included emergency medical services, primary health care services, communicable diseases control, environmental health services, health promotion, forensic pathology services and mental health services.Documentation of foreignersRadebe said foreign nationals who were in the country illegally were either detained for prosecution or deportation by the Department of Home Affairs, and the department was helping displaced people to verify their status. “In cases where the displaced persons have no documentation or they are in the country illegally, the department still captures their details. Their information and fingerprints are captured in order to provide documentation to facilitate their repatriation.”He said the Department of Home Affairs was working closely with foreign missions in South Africa to ensure the smooth repatriation of those wanted to return voluntarily to their home countries.“We have thus far repatriated a total of 1 997 undocumented migrants from both KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng temporary shelters, 911 to Malawi, 316 to Mozambique, 753 to Zimbabwe, and 17 to Tanzania.”He said about 1 507 documented people were awaiting repatriation and the government would continue to engage with their missions to ensure a smooth process.A lasting solutionThe government was committed to finding a lasting solution to the problem to prevent the shameful attacks from happening again, said Radebe.“We believe that issues of migration can only be resolved by taking a holistic approach that deals with all issues highlighted by communities. This includes identifying and resolving challenges highlighted by local traders.”The Ministry of Small Business Development had also been tasked with identifying the issues that were relevant to small business.Despite the events of the past weeks, Africans from other countries still considered South Africa a safe place to visit, Radebe said, adding that in March, 10 548 people from Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zimbabwe visited South Africa. The republic had welcomed 13 533 people from the same countries from the beginning of April to date.“We are heartened that our brothers and sisters on the continent still consider our country a multicultural society that welcomes and promotes interaction among people of different backgrounds.”Source: SANews.govlast_img read more

Ravi Shastri appointed director of Indian cricket team

first_imgRavi ShastriThe Board of Control for Cricket in India on Tuesday appointed former cricketer Ravi Shastri as director of the Indian team, which has been widely panned for its dismal performance in the ongoing series against England.Shastri will now control and handle the team with its coach Duncan Fletcher reporting to him for the One Day International series against England. Shastri will also coordinate with chief selector Sandeep Patil and captain MS Dhoni.”In culmination of the discussions among all the office-bearers of the BCCI over the last couple of weeks, the BCCI has decided to avail the services of former India captain, Mr Ravi Shastri, to oversee and guide the Indian cricket team for the forthcoming one-day international matches against England,” BCCI said in a statement on Tuesday.Bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding coach Trevor Penny have also been sacked. Sanjay Bangar and Bharat Arun have been appointed assistant coaches while R Sridhar has been made the fielding coach.The BCCI’s move to put an Indian on top of the team pyramid is unprecedented. During the 2007 World Cup, the BCCI had sacked coach Greg Chappell, making Shastri the interim coach for the next series against Bangladesh.Here is the BCCI press release on Shastri’s appointment:RAVI SHASTRI APPOINTED DIRECTOR, INDIAN TEAM, FOR THE ONE-DAY SERIES AGAINST ENGLANDIn culmination of the discussions among all the office-bearers of the BCCI over the last couple of weeks, the BCCI has decided to avail the services of former India captain, Mr. Ravi Shastri, to oversee and guide the Indian cricket team for the forthcoming one-day international matches against England.  Mr. Duncan Fletcher will continue as Head Coach while Ravi Shastri will be the overall in-charge of Cricket affairs of the Indian Team.advertisementIn their continuing efforts to re-energise the support to the team, the BCCI has given a break to the bowling coach Mr. Joe Dawes and the fielding coach, Mr. Trevor Penney, for the one-day series, and appointed Mr. Sanjay Bangar, former Indian all-rounder, and former India fast bowler Mr. Bharat Arun as the Asst. coaches of the team. Mr. R. Sridhar will join the support team as the fielding coach for the one-day series.Sanjay PatelHony. SecretaryBCCIlast_img read more