SHARE Advanced Biofuel Pathway for Camelina Approved The Environmental Protection Agency has finalized its rule approving camelina oil as a new low-carbon feedstock under the Renewable Fuel Standard. With camelina oil added to the growing list of biodiesel feedstocks that meet the EPA’s standards for advanced biofuel – National Biodiesel Board Vice President of Federal Affairs Anne Steckel says the decision provides another option for producing sustainable, domestic biodiesel that displaces imported oil. She says that’s important for our energy security, our economy and for addressing climate change.The RFS requires a 50-percent greenhouse-gas emissions reduction for qualifying biomass-based diesel or advanced biofuel. A comprehensive evaluation of the lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions of the renewable fuel as compared to the lifecycle emissions of the gasoline or diesel fuel that it replaces is required to determine if a fuel pathway meets that threshold. A handful of biodiesel feedstocks qualify as advanced under the program – including recycled cooking oil, soybean oil and animal fats.Source: NAFB News Service Facebook Twitter By Andy Eubank – Feb 26, 2013 Home Energy Advanced Biofuel Pathway for Camelina Approved Facebook Twitter SHARE Previous articleHearing on Mid-Level Ethanol Blends Doesn’t Include Ethanol IndustryNext articleBudget Views and Estimates Letter Adopted by House Ag Committee Andy Eubank
Organisation UkraineEurope – Central Asia Help by sharing this information News UkraineEurope – Central Asia News Ukraine escalates “information war” by banning three pro-Kremlin media RSF_en Follow the news on Ukraine News to go further News The national supreme economic court ruled on 28 April that the broadcasting licence of the TV station NTN was valid, rejecting the prosecutor-general’s challenge to an appeal court decision allowing the station to expand its network in the country. The decision had been contested in late March by the national broadcasting council, which held that a licence could not be attributed by simple legal decision but only by a fair and open bidding process. – – – – – – — – TV station claims it is the victim of conspiracy2th April 2005Reporters Without Borders cautioned Ukraine’s new authorities against any attempt to seek revenge against news media with ties to the old regime today after journalists employed by the TV station NTN yesterday protested against the refusal of the Council on Television and Radio to let the station extend its broadcast network.NTN is controlled by Eduard Prutnik, a former advisor to Viktor Yanukovych, who was President Viktor Yushchenko’s main opponent in last year’s presidential election. The economic supreme court is to rule within a week on the proposed extension licence, which is highly controversial.”Reporters Without Borders is paying close attention to developments in the news media in Ukraine since President Yushchenko took office,” the press freedom organization said. “We remind the authorities of the undertakings they gave as regards press freedom. As soon as he was elected, the president said respect for press independence would be a priority for his administration. Journalists must not be held hostage to any possible attempt to seek political revenge.”Around 100 NTN journalists protested yesterday outside the president’s office against the pressure which they claim the new authorities are putting on their TV station.NTN, which has been operating since the start of November, has challenged the council’s refusal to approve its plans to extend its broadcast network to the entire country, which had previously received authorization from two courts. The office of the prosecutor general in Kiev has appealed, and a decision is due on 8 April.Council member Vitaly Chevchenko said NTN obtained its licence illegally when it was created. The licence allows NTN only to broadcast in Kiev and the surrounding region, but it is already broadcasting to 26 cities and has asked the council to let it broadcast to 76 cìties. “If the TV station wants to extend its broadcast network, it must be done as part of an official bidding procedure,” Chevchenko said.NTN editor in chief Natalia Katerynchuk responded: “We paid for our licence when the station was created and we have the receipt dated 15 November 2004. This is nothing less than a conspiracy against our station which has a completely independent editorial line.” Crimean journalist “confesses” to spying for Ukraine on Russian TV February 26, 2021 Find out more April 29, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Court rules that NTN TV’s licence is valid Receive email alerts March 26, 2021 Find out more Ukrainian media group harassed by broadcasting authority September 7, 2020 Find out more
DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 24, 2021– AT&T Inc.* ( NYSE: T ) will webcast its Analyst & Investor Day on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 9 a.m. CT. During the event, the Company will provide updates on its business strategy and investment and capital allocation plans. Additional details including event time and access information will be announced prior to the event. *About AT&T AT&T Inc. ( NYSE:T ) is a diversified, global leader in telecommunications, media and entertainment, and technology. AT&T Communications provides more than 100 million U.S. consumers with entertainment and communications experiences across TV, mobile and broadband. Plus, it serves high-speed, highly secure connectivity and smart solutions to nearly 3 million business customers. WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content to global audiences through its consumer brands, including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Turner Classic Movies. Xandr, now part of WarnerMedia, provides marketers with innovative and relevant advertising solutions for consumers around premium video content and digital advertising through its platform. AT&T Latin America provides pay-TV services across 10 countries and territories in Latin America and the Caribbean and wireless services to consumers and businesses in Mexico. AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information is available at about.att.com. © 2021 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224006170/en/ CONTACT: Stockholder Services AT&T Inc. Phone: (210) 821-4105 KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA TEXAS INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MOBILE/WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY ENTERTAINMENT TELECOMMUNICATIONS TV AND RADIO SOURCE: AT&T Inc. Copyright Business Wire 2021. PUB: 02/24/2021 06:06 PM/DISC: 02/24/2021 06:07 PM http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210224006170/en Facebook By Digital AIM Web Support – April 6, 2021 WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp TAGS Pinterest Twitter AT&T to Host Analyst Day on Friday, March 12 Previous articleFeazell lifts McNeese St. past SE Louisiana 95-91Next articleDavid Rittich, Flames blank NHL-leading Maple Leafs 3-0 Digital AIM Web Support Local NewsBusiness
Editorial: Secrecy in Utah Around an Embarrassing State Coal-Export Scheme FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享From the Salt Lake Tribune:When accommodating murky projects, it is standard operating procedure in the Utah Legislature to wait until the last days of the session to unveil a complicated bill intended to dodge the projects’ legal problems.Mission accomplished this week for Sen. Stuart Adams, whose Senate Bill 246 is aimed at giving $51 million in state money to a private developer for access to a California port to ship Utah coal to Asia.The Oakland coal port project, which faces steep opposition in the Bay Area and may never happen, had already drawn in four Utah counties with coal mines. The counties’ first shot stalled last year over legal troubles because their plan would send $53 million in Utah Permanent Community Impact Board money to the developer. That money comes from royalties on minerals, including coal, and is intended to build roads and other infrastructure to mitigate the impact of mineral development.In this case, that intent was turned on its head by using the funds to not mitigate but instead to encourage more impact here by spending the money in California. (Throughout the process, port proponents have been dodgy about its real purpose. They say the bulk-loading facility also could be used to export potash, salt, alfalfa or copper, but none of those Utah commodities are exported in anything close to the million-ton quantities the port would handle.)The Utah Attorney General’s Office has had almost a year to sign off on the deal, but it hasn’t. That is a pretty good sign that state lawyers see problems, although of course no one has said that publicly.Then, boom, here comes legislation, introduced nine days before the 2016 session ends. SB246 involves sending state transportation money to the Oakland project, and then still using the Impact Board money to pay back the state. Is that legal? Hard to say, but legislators are voting on it. Gov. Gary Herbert has been encouraging of the project, although his spokesman says he, too, is only now seeing the bill and can’t commit to Adams’ solution.So why all the secrecy? Some of this is just politics as usual, but could it also be that Utah is a little shy about its global-warming denial? Our coal mines are losing their domestic markets as the nation converts to cleaner fuels. That has political leaders, from the governor on down, looking across the Pacific. Even as lung-challenged China cuts back on coal, other Asian nations are building more coal-fired power plants, often with little regard to their carbon footprint. (And those nations also are mining more of their own massive coal reserves, which makes Utah coal less attractive.)Utah has a bright future as participant in the world economy, but it’s going to be tough to live off floating a $42-per-ton commodity to the other side of the globe, especially when that commodity is falling in value because it harms the planet and its inhabitants.Do we really want that to be our calling card to the world? No, which is why this is supposed to be a secret.Editorial: Late legislation furthers coal port’s cloudy process
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York We’re not quite counting our chickens yet, Long Island, but it appears the worst may be behind us—at least we can only hope it is. If Thursday’s winter storm was indeed Old Man Winter’s last hurrah then we’ll gladly put away those over-utilized shovels and box up the salt and sand—all the while letting out a triumphant cheer, the likes of which we haven’t uttered in what seems like ages. As we look ahead to next week’s glorious forecast—sunny skies and temperatures in the 40s (!!) for most of the week—we do so with a bit of trepidation, knowing full well that at any moment Mother Nature can shatter all of our hopes and dreams and unleash copious amounts of snow and brutally cold temperatures on us—something we’ve unfortunately become accustomed to in recent weeks. Sure, this hellish winter may not officially be over, but we feel like it’s our duty to conduct a sort-of post-mortem on Winter 2015. Long Islanders don’t need statistics to back up their point that this winter has been especially unbearable, but we’ll provide some talking points anyway. According to National Weather Service’s Upton office, February was the coldest month on record for Long Island (temperature readings are taken at Long Island MacArthur Airport), going back to 1984, when the agency officially began to record data. The average temperature in February was a skin-piercing 21.6 degrees. February’s stunning temperatures are even more mind blowing when you consider temperature readings at Central Park, where records date back to 1869. Central Park posted an average daily temperature of 23.9, making it the third coldest February over the 146-year period that records have been kept, and the ninth coldest month overall. The average temperature of 24.6 captured at John F. Kennedy International Airport (records date back to 1948) made it the coldest February on record, and second coldest month overall. Now, let’s talk about the dreaded snow. For the season, the weather service measured 56.6 inches of snow at MacArthur Airport, more than double the historic seasonal average of 24.8 inches. With our luck this year, that number may increase. The weather service’s “snowfall season” runs from November through April. The most recent storm to hit LI dumped upwards of 8 inches on the Island, a reminder that although spring is only days away, anything is possible. Here’s the good news: National Weather Service forecast through Wednesday. (Photo credit: National Weather Service)You’re not hallucinating, folks. The reprieve we’ve all been waiting for is upon us. Let’s just hope it stays that way.
By Jonathan Liew: The TelegraphJOEL Garner has warned England that they underestimate the tourists at their peril. The legendary Bajan fast bowler, and now the West Indies team manager, believes that the first-ever day-night Test in England will be won by whichever team can adapt better to the pink ball and the unfamiliar conditions.The West Indies’ recent record in this country is abysmal. You have to go back to 1988 for their last series win in England, and 2000 for the last time they even won a Test.With key players such as Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels, Darren Bravo and Sunil Narine absent due to a board dispute and the Caribbean Premier League, few are offering them much hope this time.But crucially, they have played a day-night Test before – a narrow defeat to Pakistan in Dubai last October. And with a dangerous pace attack led by Kemar Roach and Shannon Gabriel, and a new coach in Stuart Law restoring fitness and discipline, Garner believes this series will be a good deal more competitive than many people think.“Not many people are giving us a lot of hope,” said Garner, who only ever lost one Test series in 10 years as a player. “I think the fellas have got talent. It’s who makes the greatest adjustment in the day-night game. Games between England and the West Indies are competitive. I wouldn’t completely write them off.“It’s going to be some interesting times. I think people are writing the West Indies off too early, and it could be at their own peril. Cricket is played in the middle at the end of the day and it’s who makes the fastest adjustment.”Nevertheless, Garner admitted that the absence of at least a dozen players who would easily have made the current squad was a significant loss. “It is what it is,” he said. “The players have made a decision that they want to play a shorter version of the game. They will have to make their mind up about whether they want to come back and play the longer version.“We will welcome them back because they are our better players, but at the present moment we are here to play cricket. We’ve got to work with what we’ve got.”And so this is a young, inexperienced West Indies side, only three of whom – Roach, Gabriel and Kieran Powell – have played Test cricket in England before. But Garner said that Law, who replaced Phil Simmons as coach in January, had instilled new standards of professionalism in a squad that had become a touch lazy over the years.“Some of our players have become accustomed to the CPL way of doing things,” Garner said. “Players are being encouraged to train harder and get fitter. We’ve always had players with ability, players with style and flair, but the lack of preparation at the top could have been part of the problem.”