Tag «宝山哪有泻火»

Reyes ‘very pleased’ upon seeing future of Gilas at practice

first_imgDon’t miss out on the latest news and information. Thirteen of the 23 names in Reyes’ wish list attended the resumption of the Gilas Pilipinas practices.Thirdy Ravena, CJ Perez, and Robert Bolick bannered the “23-for-23” attendees. They were joined by Isaac Go, Paul Desiderio, J-jay Alejandro, Javee Mocon, Juan Gomez De Liaño, Jeo Ambohot, Kemark Cariño, and Will Gozum. Arvin Tolentino and Joshua Sinclair were also present but were in street clothes.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkReyes admitted he has high expectations from the upstarts, and so far, he wasn’t disappointed with what he saw from his new recruits.“I was very pleased with the kind of engagement that I saw,” he said. “They’re the best of the best. They’re the cream of the crop, so they need to be very quick in picking things up. That’s why were trying to do these things.” Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold PLAY LIST 06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold01:45Explosive Gilas Pilipinas not yet at its best, says Tim Cone00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LATEST STORIES OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone “All we want is to start this [with the cadets]. Done is better than perfect. This is far from a perfect plan, but at least, we got it done, we got it started. I think its important for those kids also to know that we are looking. Like we say, many are called but only few will be chosen.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Reyes likes the potential upon seeing the future of national team converge.“We have to start somewhere. That’s our dream for Philippine basketball for the longest time. Now, we’re starting with that vision in mind to have tall players who can play, run, and shoot at the same time,” he said.“They were chosen all for their shooting ability. Every single guy that we picked has to have a shot, even the bigs. Everyone is very comfortable stepping in the three and shooting it, and that’s what we’re looking for, the ones that can shoot the long ball and still have the height.”And Reyes expects the kids to continue honing their craft as they will be working with the current Gilas Pilipinas crew in the coming weeks.“For now, that’s the plan. Until we can come up with a more regular, more definite schedule, as I’ve said, this is far from fixed,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson MOST READ Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netGilas Pilipinas coach Chot Reyes didn’t waste time integrating the young guns to the national team program as he immediately threw them into the fire with the veterans on Monday.“We purposely are making them do things quickly because we’re trying to see who can pick it up very quickly. We had runs, sets, and put them in the schemes we do with the veterans,” he said after wrapping up practice at Meralco Gym.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina DeRozan, Raptors beat Nets in OT after Lowry goes down OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hourslast_img read more

Course change reviews mixed

first_imgAnd many appreciated being able to get back and forth on the Red Line. “I’m very happy,” said Lee Gluckman of Redondo Beach, who followed his wife during the race by hopping on and off the subway, which followed the course for much of the way. “There’s no way I’d be able to do this driving.” Another welcome sight was people cheering the runners on, although there were few people lining the streets at the start or in East L.A., two of the new changes to the route. “Koreatown was great,” said Tina Sarafa of Manhattan Beach. “Some kids gave me high fives and that was worth its weight in gold.” Others enjoyed the view. “I liked all the landmarks – the Hollywood Bowl, the Coliseum and coming over the bridge on Sixth Street, you really got a nice view of the skyline,” said Steve Olear of Lakewood after his 12th L.A. race was delayed when he helped a couple of friends get aid from the heat. “This was more interesting than previous courses.” It was an interesting day, too, for Will Campbell of Silverlake. And a long one. He rode in the bike race at 6 a.m. and then walked the marathon, but was disappointed that the shuttle bus that in years past had taken riders from the finish of the bike race in Exposition Park to the start of the marathon had been scrapped. He had to scramble to change, ran to the Red Line and got to the start about 20 minutes late. “It was like a marathon within a marathon,” he said. [email protected] (818) 713-3607 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! LOS ANGELES – The decision to have the Los Angeles Marathon start and finish in different places for the first time in the race’s 22-year history drew mixed reviews from the masses. Some runners said they liked the convenience of being able to park close to the start near Universal Studios or spend the night at a downtown hotel near the finish. center_img Others, though, were not so thrilled. Several runners said they didn’t know the race started in the Valley until they arrived downtown Sunday morning, and added if such a notice was in the runners’ packets it wasn’t noticeable enough. “I’ll never do L.A. again,” said Cory Coder of Hermosa Beach, who was running in his third Los Angeles race and 20th marathon. “There should be a shuttle. “To have to get here two hours before the race is ridiculous.” Many complained about the heat and said the starting time should be moved from about 8:30 to at least 7:30, although the presence along the course of many fire trucks, whose firefighters used their hoses to cool off runners, drew praise. last_img read more