Organisation UkraineEurope – Central Asia Help by sharing this information News UkraineEurope – Central Asia News Ukraine escalates “information war” by banning three pro-Kremlin media RSF_en Follow the news on Ukraine News to go further News The national supreme economic court ruled on 28 April that the broadcasting licence of the TV station NTN was valid, rejecting the prosecutor-general’s challenge to an appeal court decision allowing the station to expand its network in the country. The decision had been contested in late March by the national broadcasting council, which held that a licence could not be attributed by simple legal decision but only by a fair and open bidding process. – – – – – – — – TV station claims it is the victim of conspiracy2th April 2005Reporters Without Borders cautioned Ukraine’s new authorities against any attempt to seek revenge against news media with ties to the old regime today after journalists employed by the TV station NTN yesterday protested against the refusal of the Council on Television and Radio to let the station extend its broadcast network.NTN is controlled by Eduard Prutnik, a former advisor to Viktor Yanukovych, who was President Viktor Yushchenko’s main opponent in last year’s presidential election. The economic supreme court is to rule within a week on the proposed extension licence, which is highly controversial.”Reporters Without Borders is paying close attention to developments in the news media in Ukraine since President Yushchenko took office,” the press freedom organization said. “We remind the authorities of the undertakings they gave as regards press freedom. As soon as he was elected, the president said respect for press independence would be a priority for his administration. Journalists must not be held hostage to any possible attempt to seek political revenge.”Around 100 NTN journalists protested yesterday outside the president’s office against the pressure which they claim the new authorities are putting on their TV station.NTN, which has been operating since the start of November, has challenged the council’s refusal to approve its plans to extend its broadcast network to the entire country, which had previously received authorization from two courts. The office of the prosecutor general in Kiev has appealed, and a decision is due on 8 April.Council member Vitaly Chevchenko said NTN obtained its licence illegally when it was created. The licence allows NTN only to broadcast in Kiev and the surrounding region, but it is already broadcasting to 26 cities and has asked the council to let it broadcast to 76 cìties. “If the TV station wants to extend its broadcast network, it must be done as part of an official bidding procedure,” Chevchenko said.NTN editor in chief Natalia Katerynchuk responded: “We paid for our licence when the station was created and we have the receipt dated 15 November 2004. This is nothing less than a conspiracy against our station which has a completely independent editorial line.” Crimean journalist “confesses” to spying for Ukraine on Russian TV February 26, 2021 Find out more April 29, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Court rules that NTN TV’s licence is valid Receive email alerts March 26, 2021 Find out more Ukrainian media group harassed by broadcasting authority September 7, 2020 Find out more
HerbeautyJennifer Lopez And Alex Rodriguez’s Wedding DelayedHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyEase Up! Snake Massages Are Real And Do Wonders!HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty7 Things A Man Will Do Only If He Really Loves YouHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyAmazing Sparks Of On-Screen Chemistry From The 90-sHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty8 Easy Exotic Meals Anyone Can MakeHerbeautyHerbeauty Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website First Heatwave Expected Next Week Make a comment Community News faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday An aggressive crackdown on the fraudulent use of disabled person parking placards resulted in 1,987 misdemeanor citations being issued between July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019. Investigators with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) caught the offenders during 217 enforcement operations conducted statewide.Those found to be misusing placards have them confiscated and receive a misdemeanor citation that carries a $250 to $1,000 fine. The violation also appears on the individual’s driver record.“When someone misuses a disabled person parking placard, they disrupt the lives of those with disabilities and interfere with their mobility,” said acting DMV Director Kathleen Webb. “Through education and enforcement, we hope the number of offenders our enforcement team cites decreases. I want to remind Californians to save the space.”California state law mandates that a disabled person parking placard only be used by the person to whom it is assigned. Investigators are able to verify that a disabled parking placard is being appropriately used by comparing the placard assignment number with an accompanying registration card and personal identification.Typical abuses include drivers parking in a marked disabled parking spot without a placard, drivers using a placard issued to a family member or friend and using the access area to load and unload passengers who do not have a disability.The DMV holds as many as many as 24 enforcement operations each month throughout the state. The department also launched an awareness campaign to educate the public about the proper use of a disabled person parking placard.Here are the results of enforcement operations:Fiscal Year Citations Issued Operations2018/19 1,987 2172017/18 2,485 2562016/17 1,625 1652015/16 738 113Anyone who suspects a person might be misusing a disabled person placard is urged to report it using an online complaint form or by contacting their local DMV Investigations office. Submissions are confidential. It is important to note that some qualifying disabilities are not visually apparent and allegations of misuse might be unfounded. latest #1 DMV Cites Nearly 2,000 People Misusing Disabled Parking Placards in One Year Published on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 | 11:06 am Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Top of the News 5 recommendedShareShareTweetSharePin it Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS More Cool Stuff Community News Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Subscribe Business News Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena
Facebook Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Twitter Previous articleChris MacManus to replace Matt Carty in BrusselsNext articlePolice in Derry launch appeal following assault and attempted robbery News Highland Pinterest Facebook WhatsApp People in Donegal are being encouraged to help shape marine planning for the future.The Draft National Marine Planning Framework is now at the public consultation stage.It is relevant to everyone who engages with the sea in any way.That includes people who make their living from marine-based activities, such as fishermen and those involved in aquaculture and seaweed harvesting.There are also many people involved in the leisure industry whose income depends on the sea, from adventure activities to boat charters and tours.This Draft National Marine Planning Framework is relevant to those who take part in watersports and water-based activities for fitness, competition or recreation.Environmental interests, green energy generation and climate change strategies also have a bearing on future marine planning.Anyone who would like to make a submission can get further information at marineplan.gov.ieThe closing date for receipt of submissions is April 9 at 3.00pm. Twitter Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Google+ DL Debate – 24/05/21 WhatsApp People in Donegal encouraged to have their say on marine future planning Google+ Harps come back to win in Waterford RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Homepage BannerNews By News Highland – March 4, 2020 Pinterest Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows
The UK is leading the way in educational technology and is home to more than a quarter of Europe’s edtech businesses. By 2020, the global market for the sector is expected to total £129 billion and it’s great to see local, startup businesses like Ohbot tapping into this demand and creating new jobs as a result. Not only does DIT have a dedicated team of International Trade Advisers across the South West to support ambitious and innovative businesses like Ohbot looking to access new markets and increase exports, but we also have a team of experienced sector specialists and an overseas network in 108 countries. We can offer a range of guidance and support, including international market research and exporting workshops, as well as enabling contact with buyers and distributors in new markets. The Ohbot robot has formed an integral part of digital skills training in schools. (c) OhbotLast year, the business began working with DIT to help increase its exports and expand its international presence. DIT identified key target markets where demand for educational technology was growing and introduced the business to potential buyers. It also put the firm in touch with an export manager who offered on-the-ground support and advice about attending South by Southwest (SXSW), a series of film and technology festivals and conferences, in Texas earlier this year.DIT has also provided financial support to help Ohbot exhibit at global shows and meet with Microsoft representatives from the US.To cope with the increase in demand, Ohbot plans to hire 5 new members of staff to work at its manufacturing site at Halliday Mill, as well as brand and marketing specialists.Mat Walker, co-founder at Ohbot, said: Paul Shand, DIT’s Head of South West said: Ohbot, a Gloucestershire company that makes robots for the education sector, has secured contracts in the US, Australia, and Canada with support from the Department for International Trade (DIT).The business recently signed a contract with the Microsoft Store in the US after exhibiting at Bett, a global education training and technology show in London.The deal will see Ohbots supplied to all 80 Microsoft stores across the US and Canada to help children at its YouthSpark summer camps learn technical skills. The robots are used to help kids have fun while learning how to code. The business also secured its first deal with an Australian distributor to supply robots to schools across the country with additional orders expected over the next year.The Stroud-based business, founded by Dan Warner and Mat Walker in 2014, designs and manufactures affordable robots to teach children digital skills such as coding. We’re a relatively new company and started Ohbot in 2014 using Crowdfunder and Kickstarter sites. We knew there was demand in the UK for technology that could teach children about coding and robots, but initially didn’t have the contacts or the know-how to showcase our robots internationally. Working with DIT was key to our international success. The team of advisers introduced us to buyers and distributors, which means that children across the globe will be able to learn about technology by using our products. For businesses that are considering launching their products internationally, I would say don’t hesitate. Working with DIT has had a huge impact on our business. If we can succeed on the global stage, so can other South West businesses. For more information or to access online support, including the find a buyer, and export readiness tools, visit great.gov.uk.