Jeff Bray is the Manager of Government and Regulatory Affairs for Shaw Communications. He says with the demands increasing as it pertains to data usage, WiFi is becoming more in demand.“Data usage on devices is doubling every four years and increasingly the way in which the world is looking to use data is actually not cellular, it’s Wifi,” Bray explains. “Wifi is a much larger pipe than cellular. When you go to coffee shops, when you go to hotels you increasingly see Wifi as what’s being offered.WiFi connections provided by some local stores lack in robustness according to Bray. When you move from different stores that offer the service, it also makes you log in and read through a long terms and conditions page before accepting every time. This would not be the case if the Shaw proposal were to be accepted as it would add to the 20,000 locations in Western Canada that the service is already available.- Advertisement -“The way Shaw Go Wifi works is for sake of argument lets say there is a Shaw Go access point here in the chambers. As a customer for the first time I log in and enter my email and password for my account,” he says. ” Now wherever I go in Western Canada in those 20,000 locations I never have to log in again. It will automatically recognize me and more importantly switch me off of my expensive data plan onto my no cost WiFi connection. “Council did express some concern surrounding potential down time in service, as well as individuals potentially viewing inappropriate content with the service. In response Bray said any service disruption would be resolved as quickly as possible just as it is with any outage, and that Shaw has chosen not to filter content available online as the company would then be telling people what the can and cannot view on the internet.Bray adds that Shaw does not charge customers for use of Shaw Go WiFi and does not charge businesses that partner with the company.Advertisement
The flying Dutchman is tight lipped over the details of the offers he has received since confirming last month that this will be his final season at Bayern, a decade after joining from Real Madrid in 2009.“I have received a few offers and have to admit they have made me somewhat proud,” Robben said at Bayern’s winter training camp in Doha.“The last few weeks have been quite stressful, especially for my father, who is my agent.“However, what I said before the winter break is still valid – my future’s still open.“I don’t know when exactly, but at some point I will have to make a decision and I won’t wait until the end of the season, because I have family and must plan accordingly.”The injury-prone Robben missed Bayern’s final five league games of 2018 with a leg injury, but the right winger has still managed five goals and two assists in 15 matches so far this season in all competitions.He has enjoyed a golden decade in Munich having scored the winning goal in the 2013 Champions League final at Wembley, giving Bayern their fifth European crown with a 2-1 win over Borussia Dortmund and has so far won seven Bundesliga titles.Bayern kick off the second half of the season at Hoffenheim on January 18 with the defending champions currently sitting second in the table, six points behind leaders Dortmund.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Dutch forward Arjen Robben has said he is ‘proud’ of the offers he has received for next season since confirming last month that this is his final season with Bayern Munich. © AFP / KARIM JAAFARDOHA, Qatar, Jan 8 – Veteran Dutch winger Arjen Robben has said he is “proud” of the offers he has received from other clubs since announcing he will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season.Robben, who turns 35 on January 23, is out of contract in June with Bayern, but has reportedly already been approached by PSV Eindhoven and Inter Milan.