Tag «杭州水磨ml»

Benitez deserves criticism for Newcastle tactics against Chelsea, says Quinn

first_img Rafa Benitez came under-fire for his approach to the Chelsea game Rafael Benitez got his approach all wrong against Chelsea on Sunday.That’s the view of former Newcastle striker Micky Quinn, with the talkSPORT presenter saying the Spaniard had no reason to play so defensively at home against the Blues. 1 With an ultra-defensive approach, the Magpies had just 19 per cent possession and were beaten 2-1 to leave them winless in three Premier League matches this season.Benitez launched a defiant defence of his tactics after the match, claiming “possession means nothing” but, though Quinn is a big fan of the Newcastle boss, he was baffled by the way he set out his side to play at St James’ Park.“At home you expect a bit more possession and more chances,” he said, speaking on the Sports Breakfast.“I love Newcastle, I love the fans, in Rafa we trust is the motto up there, but yesterday he got it wrong.“It wasn’t Man City, it was Chelsea and if they would have had a go they might have caused an upset. They got beat so his tactics didn’t work.“There is a lot more going on with the chairman and fans wanting him [Mike Ashley] out but they need to start winning football matches.“The next game is Manchester City and I don’t want to get into a situation where another two, three games down the line they are struggling to win matches and then all of a sudden are back to a relegation slot.“As much as we love Rafa and the fans love Rafa, no manager should fall short of any criticism when you are not winning football matches.” “In Rafa we trust… but he got it wrong!”@MickQuinn1089 says Rafa Benitez let the #NUFC fans down by parking the bus at home to Chelsea yesterday 😞Is it ever OK for a home side to park the bus? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/zgzbFLwu02— The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast (@SportsBreakfast) August 27, 2018last_img read more

MSK Prasad explains MS Dhoni’s T20I return, says Rishabh Pant is part of World Cup plans

first_imgIndia’s selection committee chairman MSK Prasad on Tuesday explained the rationale behind bringing back MS Dhoni into the T20I squad for a three-match series against New Zealand in February 2019.Prasad reiterated that India had “rested” and not dropped Dhoni for three-match series against the West Indies and Australia to give more opportunities to backup wicketkeepers, Rishabh Pant and Dinesh Karthik in the shortest format of the game.MS Dhoni’s omission from the squads earlier this year kicked up a storm as it was widely perceived that the World Cup-winning former captain’s T20I career had come to an end. Sources from the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) had also hinted the senior wicketkeeper was overlooked.”With regard to MS (Dhoni), we categorically told that he is going to be rested for those six matches so that we can give more time to Dinesh Karthik and Rishabh Pant. So that is the very reason and now they have played quite a few matches so we thought we should now bring back Dhoni into the squad,” Prasad said.Notably, captain Virat Kohli had assured before the West Indies T20Is that Dhoni wasn’t dropped and that the 37-year-old wanted to give opportunities to the youngsters in the side.Dhoni will now get to play a maximum of 11 international matches – three ODIs in Australia, five ODIs and three T20Is in New Zealand – before India head to England for the 2019 World Cup. The former skipper will have adequate match practice as he will be leading Chennai Super Kings in the 12th edition of Indian Premier League in the lead up to the 50-over global showpiece event.advertisementWe have zeroed in on 20 members for the World Cup: PrasadMeanwhile, MSK Prasad also insisted that Rishabh Pant will be considered for World Cup despite not picking the young wicketkeeper-batsman for the ODI series in Australia and New Zealand.Pant will be returning to India to play for India A in a five-match one-day series against England Lions after the ongoing four-Test series in Australia.”Yes, of course, he is definitely part of [the World Cup plans]. As we are coming near to the World Cup we are left with few ODIs. So more or less it is a core team. We have zeroed on 20 members. Only those 20 members will be figuring from now on,” Prasad added.Meanwhile, Prasad also said all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was “absolutely fit” when picked for the Australia tour. His statement comes in the wake of Jadeja’s ouster from the squad for the second Test match held in Perth.”On the eve of any selection meeting, the selection committee is given a fitness report of all the players. In that report, Jadeja was absolutely fit. So we picked him. After we picked him, he went and played Ranji Trophy also, he bowled 60 overs (against Railways). So there is no question of him being unfit at the time of selection,” the former India wicketkeeper said.Earlier this week, head coach Ravi Shastri had said that Jadeja had a stiff shoulder, due to which a decision was taken to replace him for the Perth Test.When asked whether he was aware of Jadeja taking the injection before and during the tour, the former wicket-keeper said: “Whenever a health issue comes up, we have a group in which it is being placed. All that is looked after by the physio, and they have very clearly given it in the statement.”Also Read | Hardik Pandya back in India ODI squad, MS Dhoni returns to T20I sideAlso Read | Boxing Day Test: Tim Paine and I don’t want to do something unnecessary, says Virat KohliAlso See:last_img read more